Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Thoughts On The New XY Anime Series So Far.

     

     After the underwhelming conclusion of the Best Wishes series, I only thought the Pokemon series would get a lot worse and uninteresting. Naturally, I had to question myself. Many of my comrades in arms have fallen and failed to see through the series until the end yet I am still going. Am I still going to continue to watch the series or just stick with the games? Long ago, I had made a vow that I would watch this series to the end, even if Ash's invulnerable life-force sucking powers go on with no end. Though surprisingly, Pokemon XY lifted my spirits and convinced me their is still hope for the  anime made just for promotional purposes and money grubbing known as Pokemon(They have to make money of course).





     Pokemon XY felt over-hyped to me in the beginning. It still feels so actually but it seems all that hype actually meant something. Watching episode 1 - 2 got me somewhat excited, something that hasn't happened in a long time for me while watching Pokemon. It felt as though the anime had more depth, innovation, and some actual exciting events.  It really feels this time Ash will really win the Pokemon League this time. Being referred to as "Challenger" by Alexa in the Japanese dub in a really subtle foreshadowing manner really got my gears going. Did the show get new writers or something? The first thing that popped into my head while watching.

     Ash wasn't older or anything like that. I don't even care if Ash even gets older. I doubt many people even watch the show for Ash anymore but only because they've stuck with it so long. I just wanted some plot development for the love of all that is holy. *Dramatic pause then drum rolls* Then
Serena
Serena appeared, TADA!! Instant fan club, instant popularity. Fans grew crazy over this new heroine for some reason over all others. Even some of the die hard Misty "Genwunner" fans admitted defeat in-front of such an unstoppable force. The writers struck gold with this new heroine and you know why? Because she has back-story(past-relations with Ash) that can be developed. YAY CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! They mixed the introduction of Serena (who is also my waifu) with some actually interesting events and happenings of which I hope the trend continues. Not for every episode of course. It would be really hard to do that. However, most of the episodes should be interesting and not force you to assault your computer/TV.



Bonnie / Eureka    Despite Serena being all celebrity-like and all, one character can not run a show alone. And I think it's safe to say Pokemon can not return to it's former glory in people's hearts with such ease with just one character. IT TAKES 3(excluding Ash). Citron and Eureka known as Clemont and Bonnie respectively in the English version are fresh leaves grown on an old, dried out and stubborn tree. I mean this tree is really stubborn. How many episodes are there now? Anyway, they may seem like a cut and paste of May and Max at first glance but their personalities couldn't be more different. They two really represent an older brother and younger sister pair. First thing I'd like to note about the pair is that that Clemont keeps pokemon Bonnie wants since she is too young to have one for herself and Bonnie is traveling around with her brother to find him a wife. Taking into consideration Bonnie's upbeat personality I can imagine her doing some fun freakish stuff (she already has) and putting her brother through a heck of a troublesome time. In the end, he'll love her anyway. Sibling love anyone, what could be better? Oh and did I mention Bonnie is awesome?


      I'm almost done. Ash is confirmed to will not have all the starters this season which really gives others a chance to shine. The starters are distributed between Ash, Serena and Clemont (Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin respectively). The battling system in the show looks epic and when I mean epic, I mean EPIC!! It makes me wonder how much money it costs sometimes. It's a seriously huge improvement from all the previous series. Even before a big battle starts looks cool. It really sounds like I'm fanboying the series too much now doesn't it?

     On a final note, I am constantly praying, watching, and gripping someone's hair hoping that the greatness at the beginning of the anime continues throughout and to the end. I am also looking forward to what changes they may bring to the movies too. Pokemon XY anime and games alike have brought a revolution to the pokemon world. I label this generation (so far) as "The Generation That Unveils The World". I know that's too much and it doesn't even make sense but I tried okay. So, to everyone who continues to watch the anime, my comrades in arms, I salute thee.

Always remember to Catch Em All

Group Photo(Ash, Serena, Clemont, Bonnie)



~ Merry Christmas














No comments:

Post a Comment